YES to Enthusiasm! NO to Burnout !

"Today I did 76 push-ups in one go."
"I want to become a Black-cat Commando."
"Sir, I want to be a cage fighter."
I hear these kinds of statements often from newbies. My reaction is a smile with raised eyebrows, which I hope is seen as a subtle gesture of wisdom from a grand old master in a 70s kungfu movie! 
 ðŸ˜€
Actually, I am calculating "Will he drop off on the day 3 or day 7!"
Point 1
 Intense training is for professional athletes preparing for a specific event, at the cost of other aspects of life like job, relationships, travel and beer sessions with buddies. That is a zone which can become very lonely and inward. Are you aware and prepared for that?!
Point 2
 Is your body genetically suitable, your diet sufficient, you have financial resources to sustain that long dark tunnel which you have to walk alone, for 2 or 3 years?! Have you even thought through this?
To have a productive life, avoiding physical and emotional burnout the first thing you should do is - PRIORITIZE.
I am doing martial-arts since 15; that is 45 years now. Because at some point I visualized my obituary. What I want to be defined as? Artist, Marketing thinker or a Fighter?
I made a rough allocation of my time, energy and thinking.
· Artist - 60% (Which is what I want to be remembered as)
· Marketing - 20% ( in case art doesn’t keep the wolf at bay)
· Fighting - 10% ( complementing the cerebral part and add some value to the society)
Balance 10% will be added to any of the above based on demand of that day.

Of course I didn’t anticipate the role of a Thatha, and how 2 small brats are going to dominate my daytime. I am reworking my percentage now!
................
After class Aratai - 02 - How to retain Enthusiasm without Burn out 
by KravMaga SreeRam

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. National Safety School provides many national and international certificates in Safety Course in Chennai with affordable course fees.

    Visit: https://nationalsafetyschool.com/

    Call @ +919499943975

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like reading through an article that can make people think.
    Also, thanks for allowing me to comment
    PALS Ontario CA | PALS Online Ontario CA

    ReplyDelete
  4. The information provided here is very useful as you have shared detailed information here.

    But here we want to inform you about our website because it will be winter now so many people do gym at home so we have shared the information about treadmill through our website so that you can buy best treadmills for home use in india.

    ReplyDelete
  5. futuremaxtech - India's Best mobile signal boosters provide in Chennai, Tamilnadu, Kerala, cochin, Calicut, kodaikanal, pondicherry, ,coimbatore,ooty,madurai, kasaragod,kannur,wayanad, kozhikode,malappuram,palakkad,thrissur,ernakulam, idukki,kottayam,alappuzha, pathanamthitta,kollam. We provide mobile signal booster and security & safe products at an affordable price.

    Mobile phone signal booster in Chennai

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TCS staff's murder - Why it is too simplistic to blame IT/ITES companies!?

The Dynamics of Police encounters - Part 2 The background of encountered criminals

7 Dictums of what NOT to teach in self-defense for WOMEN