10 WAYS "SUSTAINABLE FITNESS" IS BETTER FOR YOU - Sustainable Fitness - Part 03
- The STARTING LEVEL FITNESS of the individual is
taken into account.
This is critical, since the road map to fitness becomes more realistic. Also factor in the body types (refer earlier article for body types)
- MEASURABLE OBJECTIVES are fixed with phased
TIMELINES, factoring in individual idiosyncrasies - like pre-existing issues
Please remember that whatever goes up fast can also come down faster.. So, phase your milestones so that you are running your race but not someone else's .
- The PHYSICAL EXERCISES are VARIED to impact
various fitness parameters - Cardio-vascular, Structural strength, Flexibility,
Agility and Balance. This will prevent Physical Stress and Mental Monotony.
Also, prioritize your schedule to customize for your objectives. The key variables are the INTENSITY and the FREQUENCY.
- INJURY PREVENTION is the guiding principle.
Please remember Injuries can be major setbacks - sometimes for months . I know many who haven't resumed their exercises after an injury, and lost even their existing fitness.
- ADEQUATE RECOVERY TIME is insisted upon every
Pain is not only gain; it is also an indication that the muscle has to be rested. I often say "Too much of Pain is NO brain"
- PHYSIO THERAPY is included in the
COLD relieves pain immediately.. HOT bag facilitates long term muscle recovery. Give yourself medicinal oil massage at least once a week. Or go for a therapeutic massage, if you don't mind the cost.
- LIFE-STYLE CHANGES are monitored in critical
areas like DIET, TOBACCO, ALCOHOL, SLEEP CYCLES. Suitable changes are advised
by subject-matter experts. (refer earlier article for diet planning)
Fitness in 80% kitchen and 20% gym. Moderation is key word. What you want to leave is up to you, but just remember everything you do has a cost - immediately or in the future.
- Similar to WORK LIFE BALANCE, EXERCISE LIFE
BALANCE is insisted upon
Dont go overboard on fitness and loose focus of your Life goals. Fitness is a facilitator and not the end in itself.
Fitness is supposed to enhance your efficiency in other productive areas of your life like Work, Family and Hobbies; NOT to replace them.
- EMOTIONAL FITNESS is addressed by exercises
which enhance OBJECTIVITY UNDER STRESS
What is the point of having physical Fitness, if one is always tensed, angry or anxious. Health will deteriorate. Exercises do relieve the stress and make changes in your thinking patters too and understand what can be changed by your feeelings and what cannot be changed. Learn to shrug and move on.
- In CORPORATE PROGRAMS, COGNITIVE FITNESS will
also be addressed by inclusion of simple GAMES to impact various cognitive
skills like numerical, verbal, abstract, spatial and mechanical reasoning,
People become experts in one skill and let their other cognitive skills rust in dormancy . We notice this in either deadline driven jobs or in mark-driven schools.
Set aside a few minutes everyday to work on brain games and do other activities which are in contrast to your regular ones.
- 10 signs that you are a victim of your Fitness goals
- When Stupidity catches up with Ignorance, its training burnout
- 2 Reasons Why People Drop Out of Fitness - Sustainable Fitness - Part 01
- 3 REASONS - Why folks in fitness get Injured or burnt out -Sustainable Fitness Part 2
Founder / Chief Instructor – KravMaga TN Chapter ( IKMF,Israel)Proprietor – Urban Self Defence